Ikea, the Swedish furniture giant has recently collaborated with Apple to solve the shopping woes of visiting stores to buy furniture.
You choose a beautiful sofa and it does not fit in your space, such kind of headache is now becoming a thing of the past, all thanks to AR technology and an appraisal for IKEA also. Ikea launched its AR app 'Ikea Place' in 2017. The retailer giant with the help of Apple’s AR kit has released its own AR app ‘Ikea Place’ that help buyers to visualize how product looks in their environment.
After this, the company never looked back and continued improvement with further innovation. However, Ikea has launched its first application in 2014, with the help of Metaio, which was later acquired by Apple.
IKEA’s AR app ‘IKEA Place’ allow buyers to virtually place catalogue products in their home environment and which facilitate the process of try on furniture before purchasing. Ikea launched its application in 2017 by using Apple’s ARKit which is an Augmented Reality development platform. This application is able to showcase 3D models of more than 3200 products from sofas to armchairs. Application provides upto 98% of accuracy to buyers which gives them a fair idea of the furniture size, design and functionality at their home.
Users having android 7.0 & above can use this application which allows them to choose from a range of more than 3200 digitized products to explore virtually in any environment. This application is capable of automatically scaling the products based on their dimensions and size.
IKEA Store App:
Ikea store app is designed specially to make in-store shopping experience easier like never before. The application serves the purpose of saving buyers’ time by creating a shopping list before one actually goes into the store. On application you can check if their desired products are in stock and from where to purchase them. This solves the woes of remembering the products list that required to be purchased from store, all you need to do is scanning the barcode and add to your list. Buyers can scan the QR codes and barcodes of the products which they wish to buy, application help them to know about the information related to the product.
Ikea’s Catalog app let buyers to choose products from its catalogue to visualise as well as application give access to 360-degrees view of the rooms. Buyers can choose products from Ikea’s Catalog and that product is to be scanned with the device’s camera and is placed virtually in the room as if it is actually in the room, which help buyers in decision making to check if it fits in their environment or not.
Application makes use of the physical catalogue to determine the position and orientation of the products which are to be displayed on the camera’s viewer. Ikea web store also provided a demonstration video to guide how the app could be used.
Users can explore and save their favourite images and visualise if a particular furniture suits their space with the help of 3D features. Catalog app can be accessible to iOS 9.0 users or above for iOS users and for android users it is compatible with devices having Android 5.0 or above.
IKEA Planning Tools:
With 3D innovations revolutionizing the retail sector, giants like Ikea is continuously working on finding ways to improve customer experience.
Ikea is offering a huge range of options to choose from with major focus on tools to offer a remarkable experience which give buyers an in-depth idea about the products which they’re planning to buy, without travelling to a store.
IKEA’s planning tools are playing a crucial role in Ikea’s journey. Their various home planning tools offer buyers a unique experience to visualise products in a 3D environment.
Ikea’s various tools that are currently offering unique experience to the customers are:
- METOD kitchen planner – It is a kitchen planning tool that let you to design your dream kitchen by virtually trying out products and reach to a rough quotation within few minutes.
- 3D kitchen planner – Kitchen planner provides access to kitchen products in 3D in order to finalise all details and price of kitchen products.
- Bathroom planner – For using bathroom planner tool you need to insert your bathroom measurements and create an ideal furniture combination for bathroom.
- PAX planner – PAX planner enables you to create a flexible and customisable wardrobe storage system.
- BESTA planner – BESTA planner provides solution to choose a perfect living room storage.
- PLATSA – PLATSA is planning tool which lets you optimise your living space as per requirements. PLATSA units can be combined into small and big size which provides a customised solutions to your specific needs.
- ALGOT planner – This planner provides a creative approach and helps in designing an ideal storage solution which is suitable for multiple usages.
- EKET planner – EKET planner let you to design asymmetric wall and floor storage solutions.
- ELVARLI planner – With the use of ELVARI planner, you can choose your ideal combination in order to create a storage system which is a perfect fit as per your space and style.
IKEA has managed to utilize Augment Reality by integrating its digital content with application. IKEA is known not just for its products’ quality but also for their innovative ways of creating a smooth buying experience for their customers with the use of 3D technologies. IKEA is an epitome of true innovation, who transformed their business by adopting to latest digital paths and embracing the change that a growing business must go through.
To know more, how you can use 3D for your business , Click here